Our fact-checking process begins with a thorough review of all sources to ensure they are high quality. Then we cross-check the facts with original medical or scientific reports published by those sources, or we validate the facts with reputable news organizations, medical and scientific experts and other health experts. Each page includes all sources for full transparency.
Specialists with the highly regarded Kaiser Permanente Northern California Regional Mesothelioma Program will be featured in a live webinar on March 17 targeting the educational needs of health care professionals.
The program will be hosted by the Medical Outreach team at Asbestos.com and is designed to help those in the medical profession better understand mesothelioma, a rare and aggressive cancer.
Thoracic surgeon Dr. Jeffrey Velotta and medical oncologist Dr. J. Marie Suga will be presenting throughout the virtual webinar, which is titled “Understanding Mesothelioma Treatment Options in 2022: Guide to a Better Future.”
Interested individuals can RSVP to email@example.com for details on attending the event, which will be held from 12:30-1:30 pm PST on Thursday.
Mesothelioma Experts to Share Expertise
The activity agenda will include the following:
- Activity overview and speaker introductions
- Information about malignant pleural mesothelioma and current guideline recommendations
- Thoracic surgery treatment advances for MPM
- Oncology treatment advances for MPM, including the roles of local, immuno and systemic therapies
- Overview of Kaiser Permanente Northern California Regional Mesothelioma Program
- Practical patient type referral and treatment collaboration of MPM patients
- Question and answer session
Participants Include Kaiser Permanente Specialists
The Mesothelioma Center at Asbestos.com is proud to with an elite facility such as collaborative Kaiser Permanente and specialists Velotta and Suga in hosting this event.
Velotta has earned his reputation as one of the finest mesothelioma surgeons practicing today. He trained at Brigham and Women’s Hospital in Boston under the guidance of legendary mesothelioma treatment pioneer Dr. David Sugarbaker.
Suga has been heralded for helping advance thoracic cancer treatment as medical director of the Kaiser Permanente Clinical Trials Program.
Doctors, nurses and nurse practitioners around the country rarely see a patient with pleural mesothelioma, a difficult-to-diagnose cancer even for a trained oncologist, creating the need for a webinar such as this.
Time is critical for a patient showing early signs of this disease caused by asbestos exposure. To properly diagnose it and get the patient to specialists such as Velotta could make a world of difference in terms of survival, particularly as recent advances in treatment are being discovered.
Goal of the Webinar Is Education
At the conclusion of the webinar, participants should be better able to:
- Identify signs and symptoms that may help diagnostic tests and procedures.
- Identify occupational and environmental hazards that increase susceptibility to disease.
- Apply evidence-based treatment strategies.
- Confidently communicate and streamline patient referrals for second opinions and treatment plans with Kaiser Permanente Northern California Regional Program.
This webinar is about educating the medical community for the benefit of patients who can be diagnosed earlier when mesothelioma is more treatable. It is about getting help from a mesothelioma specialist who may treat the disease more effectively.
Participants will be encouraged to engage patients in case-based discussions and critical deliberations on the state of clinical findings and management plan options for their.